Job Description: Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff.
- Familiarity with maintaining warehouse stock with skills involving, but not limited to: following and administering orders, exceptional organization skills, great verbal communication, alertness and sensitivity towards security protocols.
- Strong desire to be an active team member and communicator in a small auto parts business
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Receiving and maintaining warehouse stock
- Controls inventory levels by: tracking warehouse stock by conducting physical counts, storing precise inventory information in company database.
- Maintaining the physical conditions of the warehouse as well as the security of premises
- Maintaining warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, coaching, training, and monitoring employees
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed